SIMILAR ARTICLES:

Mum's warning about popular toy set after son swallows 13 magnets

Her son is in a serious condition after having parts of his intestine, colon and appendix removed.

A Facebook post from a horrified mum has gone viral after she shared a warning about the dangers of a popular magnetic toy set.

US mother Jennifer White posted asking for "prayers and thoughts" for her four-year-old son, Beck, after he managed to swallow 13 magnets from inside a magnetic building set.

The dangers of button batteries

61077

The dangers of button batteries

"We are headed to Children’s hospital in Milwaukee," she wrote, "Beck and Mom are taking an ambulance and Dad’s meeting us there. Beck broke open a magnetic toy and has 13 tiny magnets in him.

"I feel guilty AF and horrible posting this but I don’t want another child to go through this. If you have little ones or chewers these are dangerous and we’re removing them from our home. Dogs could also break these open too."

Jennifer also shared a picture of the culprit, a popular magnetic building toy sold widely in Australia and around the world.

"Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them." - Oscar Wilde

Image: Jennifer White/Facebook

In an update to the post, Jennifer revealed the devastation the magnets had wreaked on her little boy's body, explaining that he was not out of the woods yet, having had his appendix, part of his colon and part of his intestines removed.

"The magnets created holes and infection in his intestines," Jennifer wrote.

"He has to stay in Children’s for at least three to four days. They need to restart his bowels and are watching the infection. He is high risk still, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers."

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts ❤️ all the good vibes and juju are needed. We are headed to Children’s...

Posted by Jennifer White on Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Jeremy White, Jennifer's husband, added to the post that the magnetic toys in question were the IMDEN brand.

"They were available on Amazon, but have since been removed," he wrote.

"But there are at least a dozen other brands to be wary of."

Since Jennifer wrote the post on December 27, it has been shared over 300,000 times, garnering messages of support and well wishes from all over the world.

"Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell, the name will carry." - Bill Cosby